Friday, April 11, 2008

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle



More than a million people are being awakened to their life's purpose and Oprah Winfrey is leading the way. To fully experience A New Earth, become a member at www.oprah.com .

Eckhart Tolle's and Oprah's interpretations and discussion of A New Earth are held online every Monday evening at 9:00 pm ET. If you can't make the live webcast, they're recorded and available here .

Oprah also provides lots of resources on her site.

I'm reading the book and trying hard to understand it. Being a Catholic, I'm leary of anything even hinting at New Age. But, I'm not sure exactly what New Age is. So, I'm carefully reading the book. I'm getting the feeling that even though Eckhart Tolle talks about Jesus, Buddha and spirituality, it's not so much in the religious faith sense that I think of Jesus. He seems to be saying that you and I are above God. Or is he saying we ARE God? I'm not sure.

So far, I'm finding the book to be interesting, but puzzling. According to Oprah, you either "get it" or you don't. And if you don't "get it," you're not ready to be awakened.

By the time I finish A New Earth - IF I make it to the end of the book - I just might decide that I don't "get it." Either way, it's sparked conversation with everyone I talk with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so greatful to Eckhart Tolle and Oprah for turning me onto Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and her beautiful book ""My Stroke of Insight"". Her story is amazing and her gift to all of us is a book purchase away I'm happy to say.

Dr Taylor was a Harvard brain scientist when she had a stroke at age 37. What was amazing was that her left brain was shut down by the stroke - where language and thinking occur - but her right brain was fully functioning. She experienced bliss and nirvana and the way she writes about it (or talks about it in her now famous TED talk) is incredible.

What I took away from Dr. Taylor's book above all, and why I recommend it so highly, is that you don't have to have a stroke or take drugs to find the deep inner peace that she talks about. Her book explains how. ""I want what she's having"", and thanks to this wonderful book, I can! Thank you Dr. Taylor, and thank you Eckhart and Oprah.